4.07.2005

I just got home from beer school, and let me just take this opportunity to thank the Labatt Institute. I had heard it would be boring, but I didn't think so at all. They talked a lot about market shares and whatnot, but the best part was all the taste testing and pouring practice. Picture a beautiful bar, no cash register, and about 16 different beers on tap. I had way more fun then I should have... I just found a very nice glass in my purse, but not the brand of beer I was drinking, so I'm not sure what made me feel the need to steal it.

Overall, a very fun night. I'll probably upload some pics to my other site shortly, but right now I should sleep. The thought of working in the morning hurts, bad. I wouldn't take it back though -- free beer is like a gift from the gods. I wish you all had the chance to sit in a bar and drink to your hearts content. It was like Christmas in April.

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2005 10:33 PM, Blogger brother said...

Ahhh beer school... brings me back to my days at MUN... 1996 to be exact when I did Food Science - one of our lab assignments was to brew our own beer and wine. The term ended with a huge biochem blow-out where we all got plastered. I vaguely remember waking up on the steps of the QEII library covered in ice. Gotta love the freezing rain in December...

 
At April 12, 2005 1:31 PM, Blogger pixiesparkle said...

I'm sure with homebrewed beer and wine in you, you barely noticed the freezing rain!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home