4.05.2005

PET PEEVE:

I lose touch with people, lots of people, people that I would like to keep in contact with. The fact is, I hate the telephone, I’m lazy with emails, and I’d usually rather hang out with my roommates, who I like more then most people. I’m generally just not good at keeping contact, especially when it’s been a long time and there is a big geographical distance involved.

That being said, my peeve is not that I lose contact, it’s how people react to it. I always get blamed for it, as in: “are your fingers broken?? Why haven’t you called/written/visited??” People, communication is a two way street. My phone isn’t ringing off the hook, my mailbox isn’t stuffed with letters and my doorbell isn’t ringing. So stop putting it all on my shoulders. Obviously neither of us feel that it’s an important relationship – if we did, we wouldn’t have lost touch. So fuck off trying to make me feel bad for not calling you. If it means enough to you to guilt trip me, how about you pick up your phone?

Of course, I usually screen my calls, so don’t expect me to answer.

1 Comments:

At April 06, 2005 6:14 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

wow, you seem sensitive about this issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home