10.30.2003

Every morning when I get off the bus, before I go to work I stop at Tim Hortons to get a large single-single and a plain tea biscuit.

This morning I was waiting patiently to get my breakfast and a man came and stood in front of me... I didn't really care, I wasn't in that much of a hurry to get to work. So when the woman asked who was next, I looked at him, assuming that since he jumped in front of me, he was in a hurry to get some where and wanted to go first. He looks at me and goes "Well, this little lady is next, but she's too shy to order!"

TOO SHY TO ORDER COFFEE?!

I was pissed off. I was trying to be polite and let him go first. I wasn't intimidated by the Tim Hortons worker. I wasn't afraid to say "A large single-single please". I WAS BEING NICE. NOT SHY. I don't consider myself to be an overly shy person. I don't like being judged by some man in Tim Hortons. Especially when he then feels the need to loudly exclaim his thoughts about me to the whole store.

I seethed the entire way to work. But then on my office door there was a hallowe'en bag filled with mini chocolate bars, which did make me feel much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home