5.03.2005

Coincidences

I’m constantly in awe of the coincidences of life. Just yesterday I was thinking about my first co-op workterm. It was absolutely hellish, but the saving grace was my co-worker, Cate. She was my “cool breeze in hell” and we actually got tattoos on the spur of the moment one day to commemorate our summer of hell. It’s been three years since then, and we’ve completely lost touch. Last I heard she was living up North.

Yesterday I was hit with a wave of nostalgia for that summer. Not the work or most of the people, but I was remembering one crazy night at the Marquee with Cate and a German jazz band (DePhazz), the fun we’d have shopping in our off time, and the endless hours we spent obsessing about work and it’s complete horridness. I listened to the CD on the way to work today, and what should arrive in my inbox this afternoon? An email from Cate!

I hadn’t heard from her in years, not since right before she moved up North. I hadn’t listened to that CD in years either. Something put her in my mind yesterday, and today she contacted me.

Not much in the grand scheme of things, but it’s happened more then once that I’ll think of someone random and then they’ll somehow reappear in my life shortly thereafter.

If the universe is listening, let me just say:

matt-choo, matt-choo, matt-choo

(my first ever crush)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home