9.17.2003

While I was home, I ran into a lot of people that I had been really close to in the past, and we just had nothing to say to each other. I had the same conversation with every person I saw (where am I living now, what am I doing in Halifax, etc) and after that initial catch-up, we had nothing left to say. I found myself making excuses to get out of conversations.... It was kinda sad -- people I could once talk with for hours had become less then acquaintances.

But then something happened that made me not so sad. I hung out with Sarah... And it was just like nothing had ever changed, like no time had passed since we last spoke. In reality, it has been at least 5 years since we have REALLY hung out. I still trusted her, we were still able to talk about whatever was going on in both our lives. It more then made up for all those people that I somehow lost along the way.

I don't keep in touch with many people from home. It's nice that with some of them, I don't have to work at it. It just falls into place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home