1.14.2004

I recently re-read Gone with the Wind, which brought about a conversation about a remake of the movie (NOT THAT I THINK IT SHOULD BE DONE). We were trying to figure out which actors/actresses would play Rhett/Scarlett. I can't think of anyone suitable.
John Travolta? Too goofy.
Mel Gibson? Too pretty.
Nicole Kidman (who is in everything lately)? HELL NO.
etc, etc.

Truthfully, I don't even really like Clarke Gable in the role... He was okay, but he doesn't match the picture I have in my mind of Rhett.

I ask you this:
What actor/actress today could pull off the role(s)?? I don't think such actors exist, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

However, if anyone should actually choose to remake this movie, I think I am the obvious choice for Scarlett -- if you overlook the fact that I don't have a 17 inch waist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home