6.15.2004

Earlier today I was at the grocery store with Megan. In the frozen food section, she pointed out a guy and remarked that it looked like a guy she used to date, Dan. As we got closer, I had a look and thought it looked like a guy I used to date, Dave. Turns out -- it was Dave. Last time I saw him was in NFLD. He told me that he would likely be in Halifax for the Spring, but I had completely forgotten.

I thought I had blogged about him before (He gave me a fake email address while I was home at Christmas), and I just found that post. Here it is, for posterity.


One night while I was home, I ran into a guy I very briefly dated while I was at MUN. We chatted for a bit, and it turns out he will likely be spending the spring/summer in Halifax. I said we'd have to get together when he got here, and to give me his email address before he left. About an hour (and many drinks) later, he stumbles towards me with a slip of paper. "You can't spend this," he slurs. "This is beer money, but really, don't spend it. It has my email address on it." etc. I put it in my pocket and forget about it...

I get back to Halifax, add him to my MSN list, and one day he comes online and I message him.

Me: Hey! What's up?
Him: Who's this? How'd you get my address?
Me: You know me. Remember, you wrote it on a beer buck for me at Kellys on Boxing Day??
Him: Where???!
Me: Come on... You know me. We've known each other since elementary school. You were the Frank to my Martha.

After harassing him for a bit (and being quite put out about not being remembered), I realise that this guy is from Dominica, not Newfoundland, and I was making a fool of myself.

I checked the beer buck, and I had typed in just what he wrote.
He gave me a fake email address.

Probably karma for all the fake numbers I've given out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home